A myHT Fortress

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Working Together for Good


Yesterday brought one of those moments that the world sees as a "bummer," but the pastor feels most needed, and can do the most good for someone.

One of our families has been absent for a while. We have missed them. But they have been inactive.

The grandmother was a UMC member, and received her crown of life this past Saturday. I found out just in time to go to the funeral home last evening, visiting them and "paying my respects."

It was a good visit with Mom, Dad, and the kids. It was very good to see them again, and let them know (again) that we miss them.

As I left, Dad said, "I'll be there Sunday." :-) I pray that they are, and we can rejoice in our Risen, Good Shepherd together!

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to
His purpose." Romans 8:28 NKJV

No comments: