A myHT Fortress

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness: Day 19 - Tony Bennett's "Snowfall: The Christmas Album"

Tony Bennett is one of those classic singers from recent decades that cannot help but be pleasing to the ear.  He has a very smooth, endearing sound for any age.

His album "Snowfall" is a great Christmas collection that can please several generations of the family.

The CD begins with "My Favorite Things," to which he gives a fine male voice.  (Sorry, ladies, for female voices you cannot beat Julie Andrews; but Tony gives an outstanding masculine vocal.)

"The Christmas Song" is next, and Tony does great with this, too!

The album includes a track that combines "I Love the Winter Weather" and "I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm."  Again, his smooth, classic cool style is wonderful!  (I'm still kind of partial to Dean Martin on "I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm," but this is thoroughly entertaining.

Even Bing's numbers, like "White Christmas" and "I'll Be Home for Christmas" have a fabulous sound when Tony croons them.

Since the 1990's he has been introduced to a completely new generation of fans, and that rekindled fame is well-deserved.  "Snowfall" is a case in point.  

No comments: