A myHT Fortress

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness: Day 18 - A Very Special Christmas

Well, for some of you who have commented, I am finally posting my agreement that this is a great assortment of songs to add to your Christmas collection: A Very Special Christmas!

This disc, I believe, debuted in 1990.  Just a few words on a few tracks.

The album begins with the Pointer Sisters' exhilirating "Santa Claus is Comin to Town."  The Eurythmics follow that with a rather techno "Winter Wonderland."  Whitney Houston's "Do You Hear What I Hear" breathes a little life into what can often end up being a sleeper on other albums.  John Mellencamp gives his distinct style to "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus."  

Of course, I have alluded before how much I enjoy Sting's rendition of "Gabriel's Message!"  It sounds  like it is soaring in the stone arches of a Medieval cathedral.

This album will be a lot of fun, both for the person who likes fresh twists on old songs, as well as the rock fan in your house. 

No comments: