A myHT Fortress

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Pastor iPod

I was one of the chaperones on the 7th/8th grade trip to Saint Louis this month. It was fun getting to spend some time with these kids outside of class. We all got to know each other better as individuals.

One of the funny moments was when the four girls riding with another parent and me were talking music. I mentioned my iPod. "You have an iPod, Pastor?!"

"Yes," I laughed.

They were amazed to hear popular music in my playlist, like David Cook, Plain White T's, Blake Lewis, and others. Suddenly, "Pastor" became a person to them.

Kristi, Ben and I are really enjoying our iPods -- even if sharing our music library means that Hannah Montana, and Pokemon's "Do You Like Waffles" show up on my
lists. LOL

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay, I'm no Hannah Montana fan, but don't be messing with "Do you like waffles"... That's genius!

William Weedon said...

WHAT? You were in St. Louis and didn't even come by?!?

Rev. Richard A. Heinz said...

Julie:
It does stick with you -- if it had a brand name, it would be marketing genius!

Will:
Believe me, I wanted to! But our schedule was *so* full! It was a great, but non-stop trip.